# Fairwinds Insights
You're currently viewing the documenation on GitHub. Links, images, and other features will not work properly.
To view the full docs, visit insights.docs.fairwinds.com
Fairwinds Insights (opens new window) is a policy-driven Configuration Validation platform that integrates an extensible set of trusted open source auditing tools. Farwinds Insights runs across the entire development lifecycle, from CI to Admission to Production.
The platform enables DevOps teams to find and prevent configuration problems as applications move from development to production. It provides out-of-the-box integrations into CI/CD workflows, an admission controller for enforcing custom policies (using Polaris or Open Policy Agent) at pre-deployment, and automation for running Kubernetes auditing tools. Findings and recommendations are stored in a single location, enabling operators to gain visibility and control over multiple Kubernetes clusters, track and prioritize issues, and monitor the security and cost of Kubernetes workloads.
- Fairwinds Polaris (opens new window) - checks best practices in workload configuration
- Fairwinds Goldilocks (opens new window) - recommends resource limits and requests based on actual resource usage
- Trivy (opens new window) - scans Docker images for known vulnerabilities
- OPA (opens new window) - specify custom checks for Kubernetes resources
- Kubesec (opens new window) - checks workload configuration for security issues
- Kube-hunter (opens new window) - checks for cluster- and node-level security vulnerabilities
- kube-bench (opens new window) - checks the cluster against the CIS Benchmark
- Release Watcher - checks for updates to Helm 3 charts (exclusive to Fairwinds Insights)
- RBAC Reporter (opens new window) - uploads metadata about RBAC profiles (exclusive to Fairwinds Insights)
- Workload Reporter (opens new window) - uploads high-level metadata about running workloads (exclusive to Fairwinds Insights)